Combat ED with These Foods

There are various treatments for erectile dysfunction (ED). Some of those treatments include medication, therapy, and surgery. Although medication is a common treatment, men prefer to try lifestyle changes before considering medications. Part of lifestyle changes is altering the diet to replace unhealthy food items with healthier ones. These food items are known to combat ED.

1. Nitrate-rich veggies

Nitrates are natural vasodilators. Nitrates help open the blood vessels, which allow for better blood flow. Vegetables that are high in nitrates are celery, spinach, and other dark leafy greens. The vegetable that has the highest nitrate count is beets.

2. Dark chocolate

Dark chocolate contains an antioxidant called flavonoids, and flavonoids help improve blood circulation. This antioxidant is found in plants, and their roles within the plant are to protect it from toxins and cell damage. They also help reduce blood pressure and lower cholesterol.

3. Pistachios

According to Everyday Health, a recent study stated men who ate pistachios every day for three weeks reported improved sexual performance and desire. Pistachios contain a protein called arginine, which helps relax the blood vessels.

4. Shellfish

Shellfish contain a high amount of zinc, and zinc helps produce testosterone. Shellfish is an ideal food item for those who have low testosterone levels. Also, oysters are called the natural aphrodisiac.

5. Watermelon

Watermelon contains an antioxidant called phytonutrients. Like the antioxidant in dark chocolate, phytonutrients help relax the blood vessels to achieve an erection. Watermelon is 90% water, and the heart and sexual function benefit from the remaining 10%.

6. Lycopene-rich produce

Lycopene is a type of phytonutrient that is good for blood circulation. Some examples of lycopene-rich produce are tomatoes and pink grapefruit. It has been reported that lycopene is absorbed best with a good fat, like olive or avocado oil. This phytonutrient is also known to help fight male infertility.

5 Pains You Shouldn’t Ignore

Simple Ways to Deal with ED